Residential Railings in Omaha
As the number one fence contractor in Omaha, we offer a broad selection of adornments on our residential railings: medallions, globes, scepters, scrolls, rosettes, etc. Choose from our selection to make your railings stand out from your neighbors’.
Custom Made Residential Railings in Omaha
American Fence Company offers top-notch custom metal fabrication services. Our expert staff and prestige fabrication equipment means you can put together a railing that is unique, one of a kind, and precisely the sort you’re looking for.
Accent for Residential Railings in Omaha
The perfect complement or contrast for your window frames or siding. Our ornate hand rails are attractive and unique.
Residential Railings in Omaha Gallery
Omaha Residential Railings Overview
While scrolls, scepters, spears, globes, medallions, and rosettes are essential in the building of a beautiful residential railing, it is also fundamental that you hire an experienced fence contractor in Omaha for the actual fabrication and assembly process. You need a company whose staff knows the ins and outs of shaping vinyl and iron as well as the manufacturing phase. American Fence Company of Omaha has been in the business for 55+ years, and our staff’s expertise on all of the above has turned out thousands of impressive, ornate railings.
Custom iron handrails continue to grow in popularity as adornments for homes in Omaha, La Vista, Valley, Elkhorn, and other nearby communities in Nebraska. And, of course, vinyl handrails offer elegant accents suitable for matching window frames and siding on homes. What’s more, it nearly maintenance free.
Residential Railings in Omaha FAQ
When do I need to install a railings for my residence?
The best way to answer this question is to check with local codes and authority. In most cases, guard railings are required for decks, patios, stairs, and any general surface with drop-offs of thirty inches or more.
What are the requirements for residential railings in Omaha?
- Generally speaking, most local codes require heights of 36” for residential and 42” for commercial properties as well as multi-family dwellings.
- In both cases, you are limited to a maximum opening anywhere throughout the railing system of 4”. In other words, you should not be able to pass a 4” diameter ball through the railing.
- There are also codes governing the load barring capacity, fail point, of railings. Typically, a railing must not deflect more than an inch when two hundred pounds of force is applied vertically and horizontally but not consecutively. This is definitely an issue when using vinyl and cable rail materials.
Because of the numerous codes and potential danger associated with railings, we recommend working with an Omaha fabricator with a long history of building railings. In light of the fact that railings are installed to prevent a fall, these products must work one hundred percent of the time.
What about stair railing requirements in Omaha?
Stair railings are required to comply with standard guard railing requirements. That is in addition to having a grab rail for guiding you up and down the stairs.
- The grab rail must be specific in its location, size, and profile. In most cases, grab rails are approximately 34” above the nose of the stair tread.
- Grab rails should be no larger than two inches in diameter and installed with few obstructions. This allows users to safely run their hands up and down the railing.
- Stairs with widths of 36” or less require one grab rail. Wider stairs require more than one grab rail.
- In most cases, commercial railings require one-foot horizontal runs of railing, at the top and bottom of the stairs, allowing the user to grab the railing before stepping up or off.
- Handicap railings require a one foot horizontal and vertical return at each end, with a second lower railing. The second lower railing allows people in wheel chairs to reach the railing.
Again, we recommend working with an Omaha fence company with a long history of building stair railings.
Can you custom build my residential railings in Omaha?
American Fence Company of Omaha has fabricated thousands of different railing designs by use of the process described below:
- We start off by presenting you with catalogs and website photos full of railings designs, to help with designing your railing. We also recommend doing internet research, as railing fabricators and home builders regularly promote more and more of their products online. For example, a popular railing accessory provider called King Architectural Metals has an excellent website with several design assistance tools and views at your disposal.
- With three veteran computer aided design (CAD) programmers, American Fence Company of Omaha will provide you with a CAD drawing of your dream railing. Always demand a CAD view of your railing before allowing any fabricator to build your unique design. If your first glimpse of your new railing is only once it is built; you may be very disappointed. CAD views will provide details that include material selection, all necessary dimensions and even a three dimensional view.
- Once you have a design selected, we will personally field review your application. All custom railings must be field verified by a professional fabricator. Never purchase a railing locally or online without having the fabricator review your installation site. It is easy to overlook little site details such as base trim, carpet to tile, set-backs and reveals, etc. that only a professional fabricator will be keen to notice.
- With five certified welders, we will build your product to the highest standards. All custom metals products should be fabricated in accordance with AWS D1.1. AWS is the acronym for the American Welding Society. This group is the governing agency that sets the standards for steel fabrications. D1.1 is the written standard for welding steel materials. D1.2 is the standard for welding aluminum materials. Request that your fabricator build your railing to these standards.
- With hundreds of color samples and paint applications, we will work with you to select your colors. There are as many types of paint applications as there are colors. The most popular and widely used are the following:
- HVLP. HVLP stands for High volume low pressure. This is a paint process and the most popular application for residential railings in Omaha. HVLP allows the user to get paint into tight corners and angles for a thorough application. It is a wet paint application that should include a two coat application of a quality primer and top coat.
- Electro-Static. Electro-Static is a wet paint application that charges the paint particles and applies an opposite charge to the railing. When applied, the paint is immediately attracted to the metal surface, providing a very consistent coating with no overspray. The Electro-Static process should be applied in conjunction with the HVLP system as electro-static paint is difficult to get into tight corners and angles.
- Powder Coating. Powder coating provides a plastic like candy apple coating to metal products. It consists of powder applied to the fence and then melted in an oven. The result is a baked-on, rather tough coating.
- Galvanizing. Leaving your fence with a shiny silver coating, galvanizing seals the fence from rust and corrosion with a zinc rich finish. Though this is a great application to prevent rust; unfortunately, most paint applications do not adhere to the shiny galvanized finish unless first brush blasted.
With 50+ years of experience, we are the number one fence contractor in Omaha, and we service the surrounding communities such as Elkhorn, La Vista, Valley, Plattsmouth, and Council Bluffs, IA. We have a proven track record in turning out quality product and can be depended upon to install your product on time and to your satisfaction.